I came across this Twiddleybitz cage and stand at a craft show I went to in Perth earlier this year so I got one to have a go at. As I am right into the aged look that's what I wanted the cage to end up like. I started off painting the stand just a plain old brown, then applying FolkArt Crackle Medium once it dried I painted a lighter cream brown it then crackled so I sanded it back lightly. I also added a bit of pearl gold to some of the pieces. With the cage I dry brushed with the three different colours and it turned out great. On one of my shopping sprees in Perth I bought a bird and a nest which came in handy for this project so I put them into the cage along with some twigs and branches. I used an old necklace chain to hang the cage to the stand and tadar it was complete. It was fun doing an off the page project for a change. My tip for if you do one is to use Loctite 401 or 406 to stick the roof of the cage down, I had a few hassles and nearly a squashed cage in the progress.
Isn't it so Tweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment